Monday, October 17, 2011

Wildfires and sandstorms, Oct 17th.






This is the smoke Rieley and I encountered on our way back home after taking Kyle dinner, Monday night. There were 3 wildfires burning around us in Andrews, this one was from an oil rig fire. About 3/4 mile from our house, kind of scary. Didn't think things could get worse, then out of nowhere we were hit by a major sandstorm, that took us into total blackout. It was close to nighttime, but it was really weird. To see the sun one minute, then it was gone until the next morning. When I went for my walk Tues morning, you couldn't tell anything had happened the night before.
Bailey took most of these pictures from the van, standing out of the sunroof.

1 comment:

  1. got your comment on my blog. Thanks. I just emailed fisher price to make sure they still do this =)

    ReplyDelete